CHRISTOPHER M. SELMER
8003 Glenside Dr.
Takoma Park, MD 20912
If you are a recruiter, please do not contact me for ColdFusion consulting or jobs. I haven't worked with ColdFusion in years. In fact, if you are a recruiter, please don't contact me at all. If you're looking for web design or development, I suggest Intridea.
- Languages / Concepts
Ruby on Rails, PHP, ColdFusion, Perl, MySQL, SQL,
UNIX, section 508 compliance, shell scripting
- Front-end Development
- Software packages
Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, FrontPage,
2007 - present
CO-FOUNDER - Intridea, Inc - Washington, DC
- Founded and led consulting wing of one of the top international Ruby on Rails consulting firms.
2005 - 2007
ACADEMIC APPLICATIONS SPECIALIST- George Washington University, Washington, DC
- Lead web development efforts for internal and external
web sites for the Academic Technologies division of GWU.
2002 - 2005
WEB DEVELOPER, UMBC - Center for Health Program Development and Management, Baltimore, MD.
- Lead web design efforts for internal and external
web sites at the Center for Health Program Development
and Management (CHPDM).
- Reorganize and restructure site content to make
- Provide SQL server and Cold Fusion adminstration.
1997 - 2007
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR, Takoma Park, MD.
- Lead collaborative web projects as main customer
- Consult with clients to form technology strategies
for web sites.
- Develop and implement web applications based on
- Provide trouble-shooting and technical support for
- Designed, developed, programmed or consulted on
over 40 sites.
2000 - 2002
LEAD DEVELOPER, The Design Studio, Washington, DC.
- Worked with customers to define data requirements
and design needs.
- Develop website from concept to completion; Hand
code in above languages
- Administer MySQL databases
- Lead team on technology issues such as database
design and programming solutions
- Maintain and update large informational websites
- Improve search engine positioning
- Increased range of TDS capabilities by bringing
new technologies to the table, thus allowing TDS to
bring in a wider range of higher-budgeted projects.
- Cut project turn-around time in half by implementing
more sophisticated and efficient web design programs.Please
see attached project list.
WESTERN MARYLAND COLLEGE, Westminster, MD
B.A. in Mathematics, minor in Computer Science - 2001.
- Kappa Mu Epsilon (Mathematics Honor Society)
- Kappa Delta Pi (Education Honor Society)
- Dean's List Honors
- Attended intensive two-week PERL/MySQL seminar at
Michigan Tech University